NEW DOUBLE-TRACK RAILWAY LINE TITHOREA - LIANOKLADI - DOMOKOS
The project involves the construction of the New Double-Track High-Speed Railway Tithorea – Lianokladi – Domokos. The new double-track line, which is 106 km long, is going to replace the mountainous section of the existing 122 km long single-track line.
The new alignment was designed for speeds of 160-200 km/h. The line starts at Tithorea Railway Station, it runs eastbound crossing Kallidromo mountain through a twin-tube single-track tunnel, each tube 9.036 m long, and then it runs through Sperchios river plain, before finally reaching the RS of Lianokladi. The line then crosses Othrys mountain through a twin-tube single-track tunnel, each tube 6.380 mlong, it runs through the dried-up lake of Xyniada and continues up the mountain of Domokos, where it reaches Domokos RS.
3 infrastructure contracts are currently in progress with a total cost of 617 million Euros.
To complete and open to traffic the new line, the following has been planned:
Installation of GSM-R wireless communication networkon the entire new double-track high-speed railway line Tithorea - Domokos.
- reduce travel time between Athens and Thessaloniki to 3.5 hours, after completion of works.
- restore discontinuities of the trans-European transport networks, part of which is PATHE/P rail corridor that also includes this project.
2nd CSF 1994-1999
OP RAPT 2000 - 2006
The project’s total cost is approx. € 1.5 billion, of which € 0.7 billion are included in the NSRF.
Start of construction: 1997
Project completion: 2015
Section length: 106 km
Design speed: 160-200 km/h
• 4 single-track tunnels totalling 30.837,00 m.(i.e. Kallidromo and Othrys Tunnels)
• 12 double-track tunnels totalling 4.499,61 m.
• 18 double-track Cut & Covers totalling 2.374,75 m.
• 6 single-track Cut & Covers totalling 1.708,00 m.
• 49 Railway bridges totalling 6.086,88 m.
• 32 Grade-separated crossings totalling 2.764,50 m
• 2 New Railway Stations at Molos and Agios Stefanos and two new stops at Aggies and Thavmakos.
• Remaining infrastructure works and buildings, trackwork, E/M installations, signalling, telecommunications and electrification of the new double-track RL Tithorea - Domokos, with a tender budget estimated at approx. 370 million Euros.
Anticipatedproject completion: late 2015
• Planting works in the new double-track high-speed RL Tithorea - Lianokladi - Domokos.
2 contracts are planned to be tendered for the execution of planting works.
• Installation of GSM-R system.
View Ergose's Projects
ERGOSE Participation at the 80th T.I.F.
ERGOSE participated at the 80th Thessaloniki International Fair, presenting the development prospects of the Greek railway network, at booth 16 of Ministry of Economy, Infrastructure, Shipping and Tourism.