UPGRADING OF EXISTING RAILWAY LINE INOI-LARISSA-PLATI-THESSALONIKI
The project involves upgrading the infrastructure and trackwork and fencing specific parts of the existing double-track railway line Inoi – Thessaloniki, to achieve speeds of up to 200 km/h. Upgraded line segments amount to approx. 255 km, calculated in single-track line, and are located in sections Inoi – Tithorea, Domokos – Larissa and Aiginio – Thessaloniki.
Upgrading the railway line fits into the wider project of completing Athens – Thessaloniki rail corridor and its objectives are to:
- reduce travel time between Athens and Thessaloniki.
- improve operating conditions and train traffic by increasing line capacity and service reliability.
- increase safety of rail transport, which is an environmentally friendly mode of transport.
More specifically, the project includes the following:
- upgrade of line infrastructure in parts where its condition is problematic.
- upgrade of trackwork by replacing worn-out materials and correcting rail cant in curves.
- minor structures, mainly for storm water run-off, and cleaning of existing trenches.
- fencing of specific line sections, mainly near railway stations.
OP RAPT 2000-2006
87,70 million Euros
Start of construction: 2005
Project completion: 2010
Length of line sections: 255 km
Design speed: 200 km/h
View Ergose's Projects
ERGOSE Participation at the 80th T.I.F.
ERGOSE participated at the 80th Thessaloniki International Fair, presenting the development prospects of the Greek railway network, at booth 16 of Ministry of Economy, Infrastructure, Shipping and Tourism.