UPGRADING OF EXISTING RAILWAY LINE INOI-LARISSA-PLATI-THESSALONIKI
The project involves upgrading the infrastructure and trackwork and fencing specific parts of the existing double-track railway line Inoi – Thessaloniki, to achieve speeds of up to 200 km/h. Upgraded line segments amount to approx. 255 km, calculated in single-track line, and are located in sections Inoi – Tithorea, Domokos – Larissa and Aiginio – Thessaloniki.
Upgrading the railway line fits into the wider project of completing Athens – Thessaloniki rail corridor and its objectives are to:
- reduce travel time between Athens and Thessaloniki.
- improve operating conditions and train traffic by increasing line capacity and service reliability.
- increase safety of rail transport, which is an environmentally friendly mode of transport.
More specifically, the project includes the following:
- upgrade of line infrastructure in parts where its condition is problematic.
- upgrade of trackwork by replacing worn-out materials and correcting rail cant in curves.
- minor structures, mainly for storm water run-off, and cleaning of existing trenches.
- fencing of specific line sections, mainly near railway stations.
OP RAPT 2000-2006
87,70 million Euros
Start of construction: 2005
Project completion: 2010
Length of line sections: 255 km
Design speed: 200 km/h
View Ergose's Projects
Tendering Programme of ERGOSE
In the context of the Modernization Programme of Patra-Athens-Thessaloniki-Eidomeni/Promachonas (PATHE/P) rail corridor, implemented by ERGOSE, the Company has launched -this year- a large-scale Tender Programme of big investement projects, budgeted at a total of 1,2 billion Euros.