NEW DOUBLE-TRACK RAILWAY LINE EVANGELISMOS - LEPTOKARIA
The project involves the construction of a new double-track railway line, approximately 35 km long, in the section from Evangelismos RS until Leptokaria RS, equipped with signalling, telecommanding, telecommunications and electrification.
The project fits into the wider project of completing Athens - Thessaloniki rail corridor and its objectives are to:
- reduce travel time between Athens and Thessaloniki by 12 minutes.
- improve operating conditions and train traffic by increasing line capacity and service reliability.
- increase safety of rail transport, which is an environmentally friendly mode of transport.
More specifically, the project includes the following:
- expropriations required to build the line
- infrastructure of the new railway line
- trackworks along the entire new railway line, using, for the first time in Greece, the slabtrack system in the area of Tempi
- installation of modern signalling ETCS Level 1 and telecommunications
- installation of electrification
Cohesion Fund 1994 - 2000 and 2000-2006
470 million Euros
Start of construction: 1996
Project completion: 2004 and 2011 with electrification
Section length: 35 km
Design speed: 200 km/h
Tunnels: 2 tunnels totalling approx. 8,300 m.
Cut & Covers: 4 Cut & Covers totalling approx 1,000 m.
Railway bridges: 21
Grade-separated crossings: 13 long crossings and many smaller ones.
Railway stations / stops: 3 Railway Stations (Rapsani, N. Pori and Leptokaria) and 1 stop (Evangelismos).
View Ergose's Projects
Tendering Programme of ERGOSE
In the context of the Modernization Programme of Patra-Athens-Thessaloniki-Eidomeni/Promachonas (PATHE/P) rail corridor, implemented by ERGOSE, the Company has launched -this year- a large-scale Tender Programme of big investement projects, budgeted at a total of 1,2 billion Euros.