The project involves the installation of the electrification system along Kiato – Rododafni railway line section, of the new double railway line Athens – Patras.
It is part of the wider modernization project of the Athens – Corinth – Patras railway axis.
More specifically, the project includes:
- Installation of electrification along the new railway line Kiato – Rododafni, approximately 70.6 km long, construction of two new sub-substations in Xylokastro and Aigio with their connection to the Hellenic Distributor Network and installation of a remote control system (SCADA) from the Traffic Control Center (KEK) of Korinthos,
- Passenger information telecommunication systems and public service and information work, announcement system, emergency calls and intercom as well as a closed circuit television system in the railway tunnels of the Kiato – Rododafni line, securing their safe operation,
- Installation of anti-noise curtains at selected sections of the line to protect neighboring areas,
- Planting works of the areas near the new sub-substations in accordance to the approved environmental terms of the project,
- Expropriations required for the construction of Xylokastro, and Aigio sub-substations and the plots of land required for the pillars installation serving the Hellenic Distribution Network transmission line,
- The Public Utility Networks relocation by the competent Organizations and the archaeological works conducted by the competent Ephorate of Αntiquities in the Prefectures of Korinthos, and Achaia.
Under construction. The contract was signed on 06/07/2022.
Estimated budget: 54,82 mil. € (excl. VAT) funded by the Operational Program “Transport Infrastructure, Environment and Sustainable Development‘’ (O.P. YMEPERAA) 2014-2020, phase A’ of the project until 31.12.2023.
Program of the Programming Period 2021-2027, phase B’ of the project.
Significant dates for the implementation: