The project involves the installation of trackwork on the new double-track 32 km railway line in the section Rododafni – Patras (Bozaitika area) of the Athens – Patras railway, including signalling – telecommanding and electrification, the construction of Railway Stops, as well as planting works in the section in question.
In more detail, the project involves the following:
- Track works (ballasted track)
- Construction of 8 Railway Stops (Rododafni, Selianitika, Kamares, Psathopyrgos, Arachovitika, Ag. Vassilios, Rio and Bozaitika).
- Signalling – Telecommunication worksInstallation of a modern, two-way signalling system with telecommanding, and design speed of 200 km/hour. Electronic interlocking safety level 4 (SIL 4) will be implemented. ETCS Level 1 will be installed, namely a combination of light signals and relay of signals in the engine driver’s cab using Lineside Electronic Units – LEU and Eurobalises. A wired telecommunications network will also be installed on this section.
- ElectrificationWorks required for the installation of an electrification system
- Planting worksRequired works for the planting of vegetation (trees, shrubs and slope cover plants), for the environmental restoration of the project’s cuts and embankments and their protection against erosion.
Project status: The tendering procedure for the project is under preparation.
Funding: Operational Programme “Transport Infrastructures, Environment and Sustainable Development 2014-2020”
Cost estimate: 91 mil. €