The project involves the conversion of the existing Isthmos – Loutraki Single Metric Line to Normal Electric Railway line and its final connection, in the Isthmus area, to the existing High – Speed Suburban Railway Line that operates between Kiato-Korinthos-Airport.
In greater detail this project includes:
• Construction of a single normal width railway line 6.4 km long with a connection to the SKA-KIATO High Speed Railway Line, in the area of the old Isthmos Railway Station, up to Loutraki. The connection between high speed railway line and Isthmos Station will be signalized.
• Construction of a secondary normal width railway line of approximately 0.45 km long adjacent to the main Isthmos-Loutraki line at the existing Isthmos Station to serve the needs of train traffic,
• Construction of the new line with single-wire trolley type electric overhead contact line.
• Renovation of the building facilities of the Isthmos Station and improvement of the surrounding area with the creation of outdoor, fenced and illuminated parking area.
• Construction of the platforms at Isthmos Station and Casino (Michanikou) and Loutraki Stops.
• Installation of modern Automatic Level Crossing Systems (ASID) on all existing approved unguarded or guarded Level Crossings as well as the level crossings that will result from the implementation of the Municipality of Loutraki – Perra urban plan.
• works for the restoration of the affected public utility networks
Project Stage: Under construction.
Operational Program “Transport Infrastructure, Environment and Sustainable Development 2014-2020”
Project Cost: 7.5 M €
Construction Start: 04/06/2019
Project Completion: 2020
Section length: 6.4km
Design speed: 60 kph,
– Single normal width railway line total length 6.4km
– Secondary normal width railway line, approximately 0.45 km long.
-Electrification of the new line
-Renovation of the building facilities of Isthmos station and improvement of the surrounding area.
– The construction of platforms at Isthmos Station and at the Casino (Michanikou) and Loutraki Stops.
– Installation of modern Automatic level crossings