The project includes the installation of a signaling system with ETCS – Level 1 on the Thessaloniki – Idomeni single railway line, 70.5 km long, following the new deviation at Polykastro – Idomeni section and the replacement of 37 turnovers for signaling needs.
Specifically, the project includes the:
- installation of a new Signaling – Tele-commanding electronic type system which will replace the existing system with relays along the Thessaloniki (TX1) – Idomeni section as well as its approval by the European Union Agency for Railways (ERA).
- signaling technical secure of the lateral protection of the open line section Polykastro – Paionia – Idomeni,
- installation of ETCS L1 trackside system along the whole section Thessaloniki (TX1) – Idomeni,
- replacement of 37 turnovers with new ones at selected stations of the section for succeed in a smooth operation of the signaling system,
- construction of the remaining infrastructure works, installation of electrification system with overhead contact line and installation of 4 new turnovers on the new siding line, 2.2 km long, in the area of Mikro Dasos,
- installation of electric heating at the turnovers (E.H.T.) at the section’s stations
- installation of a fiber optic network (F.O.) for the transmission of signaling and electrification data,
- installation of a telecommunications network for the communication between stations and the Traffic Control Center (TCC) at Thessaloniki,
- upgrade/replacement of the tele-commanding electrification system and the regional station equipment (R.T.U.) of the section R.S. Thessaloniki – R.S. Polykastro (old station) – Idomeni with new regional equipment, compatible with the existing fiber optic network and its connection,
- Public Utility Networks relocation by the competent Organizations and the archaeological works conducted by the competent Ephorate of Αntiquities in the Prefectures of Kilkis and Thessaloniki.
Under construction. The contract was signed on 11/03/2022.
Estimated budget: 40,86 mil. € (excl. VAT) funded by the Operational Program “Transport Infrastructure, Environment and Sustainable Development‘’ (O.P. YMEPERAA) 2014-2020, phase A’ of the project until 31.12.2023.
Program of the Programming Period 2021-2027, phase B’ of the project.
Significant dates for the implementation: